Connect with Us
If you are not receiving the Timeless Trees email updates and would like to be added to the email list please head over to our contact page and let us know so we can make sure you get the most up-to-date information possible!
Saturday, February 13th , Saturday Study Group, Quality Feed and Garden, Located in the Heights, just north of Downtown, 4428 N. Main Street, Houston, TX 77009, (713) 862-2323, 9AM – 12 Noon, Free, Refreshments provided. www.qualityfeedco.com
Saturday, February 13th, Basic Bonsai #1 Class, Timeless Trees Nursery, 9AM – 12 Noon, $ 60.00 per person, (8 people max., FULL). Focus will be on repotting. Students will receive a (boxwood, yaupon, or ficus), pot, soil, wire, handbook, and a pair of scissors. We will repot the trees into a ceramic pot, and make initial branch selection.
Saturday, February 20th, HBS Club Dig, headed up by Brian Gurrola at his ranch in Bedias, TX. 8:30 AM, details to follow. (Group is limited to 15 people) Please contact Brian beforehand to reserve a spot. ( Flyer attached )
Saturday, February 27th, Shohin Study Group, (8 spots, 3 spots open $25.00) Ray Gonzalez, Focus will be on repotting. Soil provided.
Saturday, March 19th , and Sunday March 20th – Master Class Workshop ($250 per person, limit 10 people – 6 spots open) - Advanced Techniques with Pedro Morales Based upon Popular request we will repeat this class again. Focus will be on Building Kurama’s, deadwood carving, Phoenix Grafting and adding a Prosthesis. This is a full 2 day workshop, 9AM – 4 PM. (Lunch provided.)
Includes all supplies for:
1. Making Kuramas – (includes all supplies to make your own kurama, wire mesh, waterproof concrete, colored grout, etc.)
- Deadwood Carving - (includes a Black and Decker, 3 speed grinder for each person, and misc. bits)
- Phoenix grafts and adding a Prosthesis – (deadwood and juniper whips provided)
Come and join us for this advanced techniques class, and go home with a kurama to use, a new grinder, some newly carved deadwood, and a Phoenix Graft or Prosthesis ( added to one of your trees).
We provide almost everything for this class, ( Grinder, Kurama materials, deadwood, Shimpaku whips, glue, etc.)
Students need to bring a pair of gloves, and safety glasses.
Future Events in 2016
- Bonsai in the Garden Learning Seminars, May 12-15, 2016, The American Bonsai Society & The Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park
Including the Michigan All State Bonsai Show at the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park , Grand Rapids, Michigan http://www.absbonsai.org/2016-abs-bonsai-in-the-garden-learning-seminars
- Brussels Rendezvous, May 26th – 29th http://brusselsbonsai.com/annual-rendezvous.cfm
- Pedro Morales Tropical School Year 1, June 2nd – June 5th .
- Pedro Morales Tropical School Year 2, June 9th – June 12th
- Pedro Morales Tropical School Year 3, July 7th – July 10th